Privacy Policy

Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

One of my favorite times of the year. The Met gala. I watch the livestream of the gala every year. I love watching everyone arrive on the carpet and pose in their fabulous, couture gowns. It's always fun to see who designers choose to dress and bring as their dates to the event. 

This year the Gala is honoring Charles James. James was a legendary couturier from the 20th century. Born in London, he then moved to design in Paris and New York City (only 3 of the most fabulous fashion cities!). Christian Dior and Cristóbal Balenciaga even credit James on inspiring some of their designs. The gala is Monday May 5th and will be open to the public on May 8th. I cannot wait to visit the exhibition when I vacation to NYC this summer! 

Below is a photo of a Charles James gown, along with a few of my past favorite Met gala gowns. 
Charles James gown 
Courtesy of The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Rooney Mara in Givenchy




Jennifer Lawrence in Dior

Camilla Belle in Ralph Lauren




No comments :

Post a Comment