Privacy Policy

Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Art of Detroit










Last evening I had the pleasure of attending The Art of Detroit at Saks Fifth Avenue in Somerset Mall. The event was in benefit of the College of Creative Studies (CCS). 

The evening was wonderful. There was a red carpet as soon as you walked in and models modeling off fabulous designer dresses. Food and drink stations were located all around the store from different restaurants in Detroit. My favorite part of the night was the amazing GIVEAWAYS!! I could not believe some of the prizes consisted of a Prada and Gucci bag (gasp!). The best part of it all . . . ALL proceeds from the sale of tickets went to benefit CCS as well as ten percent of the event's sales! 

When deciding what to wear, I knew I could not go wrong with this dress I bought from H&M. I got it last summer when I was in Chicago. The colors on the dress remind me of a painting, which I thought was perfect since artwork by Ben Sharkey, a CCS alumni, was showcased. I paired my dress with these white and black bow tie wedges that I purchased from Tender years back during the Birmingham sidewalk sale (Valentino on sale = score!). I know I have been wearing my Valentino black, studded purse a lot lately but I cannot get enough of it. It is definitely one of my all time favorite/best purchases to date. Totally worth every penny! 

I was deciding between two shoes when putting together my outfit. How is a girl supposed to choose between Valentino and Jimmy Choo?! Initially I did go with the Valentino's, as you can see in my shoot pre event haha, but soon after changed into the Jimmy Choo's (pictured below). These Choo's are the most comfortable heels I own.



No comments :

Post a Comment